- High resistance to yellowing
- High resistance to wear in heavy traffic areas
- High gloss finish on slate and other hard surfaces
- High solids formulation for long life
- Prevents staining and allows easy low-cost maintenance
Tasman Premium slate seal is a clear solvent based acrylic sealer which enhances the natural beauty inherent in new or old slate floors.
Premium slate sealer imparts a high gloss finish, is highly resistant to yellowing from ultraviolet light and imparts a long-lasting finish to sealed surfaces.
Premium slate seal prevents staining and allows easy low-cost maintenance.
Suitable for commercial and domestic slate areas, unglazed terracotta, paving bricks and most interior and exterior applications such as kitchens, family rooms, hearths, and patios.
Directions for use
Warning: ensure good ventilation to dispense solvent vapours. Keep away from naked Flames, etc.
1. Surfaces to be sealed must be thoroughly clean and dry and free from grease, oil, paint, Acid, efflorescence and traces of grout.
2. Newly laid areas need 4 – 6 days to allow mortar and grout to cure and dry prior to sealing. Slate which has been acid washed needs at least 4 weeks for slate to dry prior to sealing otherwise floor can turn white.
3. Surfaces previously sealed with slate sealers other than Tasman slate seal, or polished surfaces, must have all traces of old sealer and polish completely removed with suitable strippers
4. Prior to sealing the slate, the slate should be cleaned with Tasman’s Tile Kleen. It should be continually washed until, after repeated washings, no slate dust appears in the wash-up water. Allow at least 24 hours for the cleaned area to dry. Prior to sealing give the floor a quick vacuum.
5. Do not seal hot surfaces – all surfaces must be cool.
6. Apply 3-4 even generous coats of the premium slate seal with a paint brush. Allow approximately 4 hours or until touch dry between coats.
7. Avoid heavy traffic for 48 hours after sealing.
8. To maintain the seal in dry areas apply Tasman slate finish as per instructions. Otherwise simply apply Tasman premium slate seal to worn/dull areas as required.
Coverage: 1 litre will cover approx. 8-10 square metres with two coats.
Clean up: brushes must be cleaned with Tasman slate seal solvent or softened by soaking in Tasman premium slate seal 10 minutes prior to reapplication
This product is classified as Dangerous Goods for Transportation.