- Excellent re-coating
- High resistance to yellowing
- High resistance to wear in heavy traffic areas
- High gloss finish on slate and other hard surfaces
- High solids formulation for long life
- Prevents staining and allows easy low-cost maintenance
- Suitable for commercial or domestic applications
- Indoor and outdoor use.
Tasman Slate Seal Satin is a clear, fast drying, non-yellowing acrylic sealer which enhances the natural beauty inherent in new or old slate floors. It has been UV
stabilised to ensure your slate has the best possible protection against the sun’s harmful rays.
Slate Seal is suitable for commercial and domestic slate areas, unglazed terracotta, paving bricks and most interior and exterior applications such as kitchens, family rooms, hearths, and
patios. Slate Seal imparts a long lasting, high gloss finish to sealed surfaces.
Highly resistant to ultraviolet light prevents most staining and allows easy low-cost maintenance.
Tasman Tile Kleen is recommended as a heavy duty floor cleaner and prepares the area for sealing.
Note: Newly laid areas need approximately 2-4 weeks to allow mortar and grout to cure and dry prior to sealing (depending on weather conditions).
Directions for use:
WARNING: Ensure good ventilation to dispense solvent vapours. Keep away from naked flames, etc.
1. Surfaces to be sealed must be thoroughly clean and dry and free from grease, oil, paint, acid, efflorescence and traces of grout.
2. Newly laid areas need 4 – 6 days to allow mortar and grout to cure and dry prior to sealing. slate which has been acid washed needs at least 4 weeks for the slate to dry prior to sealing
otherwise floor can turn white.
3. Surfaces previously sealed with slate sealers other than Tasman Slate Seal, or polished surfaces, must have all traces of old sealer and polish completely removed with suitable strippers.
4. Prior to sealing the slate, the slate should be cleaned with Tasman’s Tile Kleen. It should be continually washed until, after repeated washings, no slate dust appears in the
wash-up water. Allow at least 24 hours for the cleaned area to dry. Prior to sealing give the floor a quick vacuum.
5. Do not seal hot surfaces – all surfaces must be cool.
6. Apply 3-4 even generous coats of Slate Seal Satin with a paint brush. Allow approximately 4 hours or until touch dry between coats.
7. Avoid heavy traffic for 48 hours after sealing.
8. To maintain seal in dry areas apply Tasman Slate Finish as per instructions. Otherwise simply apply Tasman Slate Seal to worn/dull areas as required.
Coverage: 1 litre will cover approx. 8-10 square metres with two coats.
Clean Up: Brushes must be cleaned with Tasman Slate Seal Solvent or softened by soaking in Tasman Slate Seal 10 minutes prior to reapplication
This product is classed as Dangerous Goods for Transportation.